Time for action—starting and customizing Spoon
In this tutorial you're going to launch the PDI graphical designer and get familiarized with its main features.
- Start Spoon.
- If your system is Windows, type the following command:
- In other platforms such as Unix, Linux, and so on, type:
- If you didn't make
spoon.sh executable, you may type:
- As soon as Spoon starts, a dialog window appears asking for the repository connection data. Click the No Repository button. The main window appears. You will see a small window with the tip of the day. After reading it, close that window.
- A welcome! window appears with some useful links for you to see.
- Close the welcome window. You can open that window later from the main menu.
- Click Options... ...