Time for action—installing MySQL on Windows
In order to install MySQL on your Windows system, please follow these instructions:
- Open an internet browser and type http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/.
- Select the Microsoft Windows platform and download the mysql-essential package that matches your system: 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Double-click the downloaded file. A wizard will guide you through the process.
- When asked about the setup type, select Typical.
- Several screens follow. When the wizard is complete you'll have the option to configure the server. Check Configure the MySQL Server now and click Finish.
- A new wizard will be launched that lets you configure the server.
- When asked about the configuration type, select Standard Configuration.
- When prompted, ...