Time for action—aborting when there are too many errors
- Open the transformation from the previous tutorial and save it under a different name.
- From the Flow category, drag an Abort step to the canvas.
- Create a hop from the Write to log step to the Abort step.
- Double-click the Abort step. Enter
5 as Abort threshold. As Abort message, type
Too many errors calculating age of film!.
- Click OK.
- Select the Dummy step and do a preview. As a result, a warning window shows up informing you that there were no rows to display. In the Step Metrics tab, the Abort after 5 errors line becomes red to show you that there was an error:
- The log looks like this:
Get Pentaho 3.2 Data Integration Beginner's Guide now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.