Time for action—loading the fact table using a range of dates obtained from the command line
Now you will get the range of dates from the command line and load the fact table using that range:
- Create a new transformation.
- With a Get system info step, get the first two arguments from the command line and name them
- By using a couple of steps, check that the arguments are not null, have the proper format (
yyyy-mm-dd), and are valid dates.
- If something is wrong with the arguments, abort.
- If the arguments are valid, use a Set variables step to set two variables named
- Save the transformation in the same folder you saved the transformation that loads the fact table.
- Test the transformation by providing valid and ...