Chapter 1. PDI and MongoDB
In this chapter, we will cover these recipes:
- Learning basic operations with Pentaho Data Integration
- Migrating data from the RDBMS to MongoDB
- Loading data from MongoDB to MySQL
- Migrating data from files to MongoDB
- Exporting MongoDB data using the aggregation framework
- MongoDB Map/Reduce using the User Defined Java Class step and MongoDB Java Driver
- Working with jobs and filtering MongoDB data using parameters and variables
Migrating data from an RDBMS to a NoSQL database, such as MongoDB, isn't an easy task, especially when your RBDMS has a lot of tables. It can be a time consuming issue, and in most cases, using a manual process is like developing a bespoke solution.
Pentaho Data Integration (or PDI, also known ...