Putting files on a remote server
This recipe is similar to the previous one, Getting files from a remote server, but in this case, you want to copy the text files from a local machine to a remote machine using the FTP network protocol and the Put a file with FTP job entry.
You need write access to an FTP server.
Carry out the following steps:
- Create a new job. Drop a Start entry into the canvas.
- Add a Put a file with FTP job entry from File transfer category.
- Under the General tab, type the server name (or its IP address) in the FTP server name / IP address textbox.
- Type the port number in the Port textbox. Usually, it is the port
- In the Username: and Password: textboxes, type the credentials to log into the FTP server. ...