On completion of this chapter you will be able to:
• describe the importance of making decisions
• list the three levels of decision-making in an organization
• acknowledge that there are different ways of making decisions
• apply the key steps in the decision-making process to a real decision
• understand when it is appropriate to make group decisions
• understand the advantages and disadvantages of group decision making
• list the six stages of the problem-solving model
• use the problem-solving model to solve problems.
As a team leader you must be prepared to make decisions. Decision making involves making a choice between alternative courses of action. ...