Turn complex data into meaningful visualization to gain insights by creating perfect charts and histograms
About This Video
- Go through high-level concrete processes on how to make charts clear, concise, and truthful, by focusing on the most typical chart types: line charts, bar charts, scatter plots, and histograms.
- Get a top-down approach in data science by first communicating and then implementing your findings in Microsoft Excel
- Work on real-life datasets to illustrate how to communicate effectively with data and charts
A lot of us who work with data know how to make charts, but don't know how to make effective visualizations that send a clear, efficient, and truthful message. Many of us don't realize what makes charts speak and how to remove noise and focus only on what's important.
This course takes a different approach, focusing instead on various data science tools, typical workflows in data projects, algorithms, and the math behind data science. You will work on presenting and communicating with data using visual media such as charts, plots, and histograms with real-world datasets. By working with the four most popular chart types, you will dissect each of them at a microscopic level while using interesting real-world datasets with practical examples in Excel. The aim of the course is to show you where charts work and where they don't and what makes these charts easier to understand.
By the end of the course, you will have learned how to implement the principles of effective visual communication using Excel.
The code bundle for this video course is available at- https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Perfect-Excel-Charts
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction – Work with Visualization Elements
- Chapter 2 : Making a Perfect Line Chart
- Chapter 3 : Making a Perfect Bar Chart
- Chapter 4 : Creating Meaningful Scatterplots
- Chapter 5 : Making a Perfect Histogram
- Title: Perfect Excel Charts
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789341034