A fearsome aspect of management is the performance appraisal. It has become a byword for unfairness and irritation among employees. Some management writers are even proposing in doing away with it. We agree that the current method of appraisal is unsustainable and counterproductive. In this book, we discuss Performance LeadershipTM – the idea of leading employee performance, which should be the focus of management. Just doing appraisal or evaluation is not enough. Managers must incorporate the entire model of performance management and use it to lead within their workgroup, department, or organization. We walk managers through the steps of Performance Leadership, discussing the benefits and pitfalls of each step. The idea of making performance management work as a leadership style is new and simple, but it takes dedication to complete the task. This book is valuable for supervisors, managers, human resource staff, and others – anyone who needs to manage performance!
Table of contents
- Half Title Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Chapter 1 How Is Management Success Created?
- Chapter 2 What Is Performance?
- Chapter 3 Are Job Analysis and Job Design Really Necessary?
- Chapter 4 How Are Job Descriptions and Job Specifications Created?
- Chapter 5 Why Use Goal Setting?
- Chapter 6 What Is the Performance Appraisal Process?
- Chapter 7 Why and How Should Feedback Be Given?
- Chapter 8 What Are Major Issues In Performance Leadership™?
- Title: Performance Leadership™
- Release date: May 2016
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781631570148
You might also like
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it’s log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, or something …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Companies from startups to corporate giants face massive amounts of disruption today. Now more than ever, …