The Truth About Credit Card Debt
In This Chapter
- Avoiding credit card debt in the first place
- How credit card debt accumulates
- How long it can take to pay off credit card debt
- Understanding how debt settlement works
- Ensuring your card stays safe
Many Americans have a problem with spending too much. Nearly 1 million of us file for personal bankruptcy each year, and poor or excess use of credit is cited as the number-three reason, right after medical expenses and job loss. The difference, of course, is that although high medical bills and job loss might be unavoidable, excess spending, for most people, is not.
Many people, despite working ...