Student Loan Debt and Costs of Education
In This Chapter
- The staggering cost of student loans
- Not all student loans are the same
- Getting a handle on exactly how much you owe
- Paying off your loans without sacrificing your future
- Weighing the costs and benefits of more education
You’ve probably heard the grim statistics regarding student debt: a recent study by NerdWallet found that the average for each household carrying student debt is $47,712, and collectively, Americans owe $1.2 trillion in student loans. The only thing we owe more money on than student debt as a nation are our mortgages. Of all that money, 70 percent of it is owed ...