In Peter Read Miller on Sports Photography, the 30-year Sports
Illustrated veteran photographer takes you into the action of many
of his most iconic shots, relating the stories behind the photos of
some of the world’s greatest athletic events, including the
Olympics and the Super Bowl.
Discussing the circumstances surrounding particular shots, Peter shares observations of the athletes themselves, and provides tips and techniques for sports photographers of all levels looking to capture great photos of football, track and field, gymnastics, and swimming, as well as dynamic portraits of athletes. Unlike photo collections by other greats of sports photography, this book seamlessly interweaves the images and the fascinating stories
behind them with photographic instruction, while giving you an inside look at what it’s like to work at the nation’s leading sports publication.
Beautifully illustrated with images from the Olympics, football, and portrait sessions with professional athletes, this book offers a rich and inspiring experience for sports photographers, sports fans, and Sports Illustrated readers.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- About This Book
- 1. Football: Shooting on the Field
- 2. Football: Xs and Os
- 3. Football: Light, Lenses, and the Lowdown
- 4. Football: Shooting for Sports Illustrated
- 5. The Olympics: Faster, Higher, Stronger
- 6. The Olympics Big Three: Swimming, Gymnastics, and Track and Field
- 7. Portraits: Beyond the Numbers
- Title: Peter Read Miller on Sports Photography: A Sports Illustrated photographer’s tips, tricks, and tales on shooting football, the Olympics, and portraits of athletes
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 9780133087055