In this chapter, you will
• Examine program selection approaches
• Learn how to initiate a program
• See how projects are authorized
• Initiate the program team
• Determine initiating program process inputs and outputs
In order to have a program, there has to be, of course, a demand from someone to create one. When you get down to it, it's not that someone is just demanding that a program be created, but more likely that someone is demanding a new service; a new business objective; or a change for the better in the circumstances of a business, a community, or an organization.
Programs generally get created not on a whim but as a result ...