In This Chapter
- The ways feminism relates to philosophy
- Simone de Beauvoir and French feminism
- Marxist and radical feminism
- Black feminism—fighting two types of oppression
- Queer theory and gender roles
In case you were wondering, there are women philosophers. However, they’ve been systematically excluded from philosophical circles until only very recently. Traditionally, men have not wanted to give women credit for being able to come up with philosophical ideas. But women are getting wise. They’re not only coming up with philosophical ideas of their own, they’re also catching on to how the ideas and practices of male philosophers ...