New Age Philosophy
In This Chapter
- The New Age view of human history
- Developing ideas about the powers of the mind
- Raising consciousness and connecting with the world
- The importance of ecology and science in the New Age
- A shift in the ways we look at reality
Today’s academic philosophers have pretty much rejected the “metaphysics” of occult phenomena; for them it’s beyond the scope of serious philosophy. But that doesn’t mean that it’s dead. Quite the contrary!
One major strain of popular philosophy takes up anything that’s metaphysical, mystical, mysterious, or unusual. Called New Age, it rejects most traditional Western thinking ...