Chapter 6. Using Device Storage and the Contacts API
Your knowledge of PhoneGap is coming together well. It's time to add some interaction with external data sources and with the device itself. The main goal of this chapter is to guide you to understand the offline storage capabilities of PhoneGap and how to interact with the Contacts API.
In this chapter you will:
- Learn how to read and write data on the device using the
- Learn how to handle the storage on a local database considering the specific platform implementation
- Understand database storage limitations and learn how to handle them
- Get an overview of the PhoneGap Contacts API and its objects
- Learn how to use the PhoneGap Contacts API in order to read and filter the contacts ...