Chapter 2. Movement and Location – Using the Accelerometer and Geolocation Sensors
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Detecting device movement using the accelerometer
- Adjusting the accelerometer sensor update interval
- Updating a display object position through accelerometer events
- Obtaining device geolocation sensor information
- Adjusting the geolocation sensor update interval
- Retrieving map data through geolocation coordinates
- Creating a visual compass to show the device direction
Mobile devices are incredibly powerful tools that not only allow us to make calls and send messages, but also help us navigate and identify where we are in the world, thanks to the accelerometer, geolocation, and other sensors.
This chapter will ...