Chapter 13. Administration
Although our journey through creating an e-commerce framework is not yet at an end, we are at the last primary feature: the administration area. In this chapter, you will learn how to enable administrators to:
- Create a product, taking into account photographs and shipping
- Edit a product
- Create, edit, and manage categories
- View and process orders
- View customer profiles
- View and create shipping methods and their corresponding rules
- Create voucher codes
A suitable administration area can be broken down into four primary areas:
- A dashboard: This area is used to provide administrators with a brief overview of the store at any one time.
- Products and categories: This area is used to allow administrators to view, create, edit, and delete ...