This course provides an easy-to-follow guide on one of the most difficult programming concepts, Object Oriented Programming (OOP). The following tutorials we will be discussing classes, methods and properties. These programming concepts will be defined and you will see how they work in a real world situations. You will then move on to more advanced PHP OOP topics.
In this course you will work on two real world projects after you have mastered the concepts of OOP:
- Create a calculator using PHP OOP
- Using PHP OOP to work with a SQL database
Who is this course for
This course is for both experienced and beginning web developers and programmers. We found through student feedback that more instruction was needed on OOP, even if the student had be programming for a number of years. Hence, this course was born.
If you're interested in a more in-depth project using Object Oriented Programming, check out our very popular course PHP Object Oriented Programming: Build a Login System.
- Over 13 lectures and 2 hours of content!
- To understand how OOP works
- To learn how PHP uses OOP
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Classes, Methods and Properties 00:13:46
- Constructor Method 00:07:05
- Using Static Properties and Methods 00:08:14
- Class Constants 00:06:02
- Extending a Class 00:11:22
- Protecting Methods and Properties 00:11:06
- Encapsulation 00:10:24
- Scope Resolution Operator 00:11:47
- Calculator Exercise 00:09:24
- Part 1 00:07:12
- Part 2 00:12:24
- Part 3 00:05:36
- Title: PHP Object Oriented Programming
- Release date: August 2014
- Publisher(s): Stone River eLearning
- ISBN: 100000006A0239