Learn how to build web services with PHP and exchange data across applications. In this video course, web development consultant Lorna Jane Mitchell provides real-world examples and advice based on her extensive experience to guide you through the key API concepts.
In an increasingly interconnected world, you need to be able to integrate systems and share data. Whether you’re checking prices on a stock market feed order or sending your latest content to Twitter, this course will show you how to work with APIs and PHP, the language of the Web.
- Explore HTTP, from the request/response cycle to its verbs, headers, and cookies
- Get practical advice for working with RPC, SOAP, and RESTful services
- Use a variety of tools and techniques for debugging HTTP web services
- Choose the service that works best for your application, and learn how to make it robust
Table of contents
- PHP and HTTP
- RPC Services
- Debugging HTTP
- Designing APIs
- Title: PHP Web Services
- Release date: July 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 978149190998
You might also like
Radar Trends to Watch: September 2023
Read about the latest developments on O'Reilly Media's Radar.
The Object-Oriented Thought Process, 5th Edition
Object-oriented programming (OOP) is the foundation of modern programming languages, including C++, Java, C#, Visual Basic …
Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
Fully Revised and Updated–Includes New Refactorings and Code Examples “Any fool can write code that a …
Messy code is a nuisance. "Tidying" code, to make it more readable, requires breaking it up …