A proven approach to achieving entrepreneurial success in new corporate ventures and startups
Every day, business and corporate startups take action based on assumptions. Yet these assumptions are based largely on guesswork that leads to everything from costly mistakes to the failure of ventures. Fortunately, there are ways to overcome these issues and excel in your business endeavors—and this book will show you how.
Engaging and informative, Pivot provides entrepreneurs with practical guidance for achieving success in corporate ventures as well as new startups. Based on more than fifteen years of academic research and many more years of experience in business and corporate startups, this book skillfully addresses topics ranging from resources and organizational uncertainties to the scope and scale of new business opportunities.
Reveals how to successfully conceptualize new business opportunities, pivot as required to experiment with these opportunities, and accelerate to the marketplace
Captures the capabilities needed to quickly build a business by understanding and systematically reducing uncertainties from market landscape and technology to talent and organizational positioning
The digital component of this book includes a world-class strategic innovation methodology that is in demand from corporations worldwide
Written with today's serious entrepreneur in mind, Pivot will provide you with the tools you'll need to get ahead of the competition and achieve consistent success.
Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- List of Trademarks
- Introduction: Is There a Better Way?
Part One: The Tale of Two Entrepreneurial Worlds
- Chapter 1: Pedal to the Metal
- Chapter 2: Innovation is Bringing Discipline to Chaos
- Chapter 3: The Corporate Entrepreneur
- Chapter 4: So, You Want to Be an Entrepreneur?
- Chapter 5: Entrepreneur and Corporate Entrepreneur: Framing the Perspectives
Part Two: Plant = Discovery - The Business Vision
- Chapter 6: Discovery–Attractiveness of the Business Opportunity
- Chapter 7: Opportunity and the Entrepreneur
- Chapter 8: Entrepreneur and Corporate Entrepreneur Perspectives: Pursuit of Opportunities
Part Three: Pivot = Incubation - The Missing Link
- Chapter 9: Incubation—Discipline Together with Chaos
- Chapter 10: Early Market Engagement: Business Concept Options
- Chapter 11: Business Experiments
- Chapter 12: Validated Learning = Knowledge
- Chapter 13: Entrepreneur and Corporate Entrepreneur Perspectives: Incubation and Hypothesis-Driven Learning
Part Four: Propel = Acceleration - The Business Ramp-Up
- Chapter 14: Acceleration—Courage to Invest
- Chapter 15: Preparing for Growth
- Chapter 16: Entrepreneur and Corporate Entrepreneur: The Challenges of Growth
- About the Authors
- About the Academic Contributing Authors
- About the Companion Websites
- Title: Pivot: How Top Entrepreneurs Adapt and Change Course to Find Ultimate Success
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118559710
You might also like
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
Trend-Driven Innovation: Beat Accelerating Customer Expectations
Trend-Driven Innovation Beat accelerating customer expectations. Every business leader, entrepreneur, innovator, and marketer wants to know …
Transform Customer Experience
Your customers are your future. Smartphones, social media and the internet have given customers access to …
You, Only Better
If you want to be happy, fulfilled and energised its probably best not to obsess over …