A top coach teaches the sports-related skills and basics every women needs to succeed
There are basics that every woman must have if she is to succeed in the corporate world, start and run her own business, or coach her own winning team. In Playbook for Success, Hall of Fame Business Entrepreneur Nancy Lieberman brings her leadership and coaching ability to the boardroom to teach professional women the same rules of success she teaches her players.
Playbook for Success is a plan to help make success a part of one's daily routine and teach women that success is not just a title or corner office, but an attitude, belief, and way of life.
Teaches the top sports-related skills women need to thrive in the corporate world, featuring a provocative examination of women and teamwork
Includes profiles of women succeeding in business, ways to recognize your own strengths and weaknesses, and exercises that can be used in the business world
Foreword by Basketball Hall of Famer and business legend Earvin "Magic" Johnson
Playbook for Success gives you a unique and inspirational road map to compete and win in your life and career.
Table of Contents
- 1. Why Sports and Business for Women?
- 2. The Playbook
3. Find Your Love and Passion
- 3.1. Toughen Up—Mentally
- 3.2. Michael Jackson's Message: Man in the Mirror
- 3.3. Rucker Park: The Little White Girl Plays with the Best
- 3.4. Muhammad Ali's Gift of Hope
- 3.5. The Power of a Woman's Natural Traits: Empathy and Intuition
- 3.6. Mentoring and Creating Opportunities for Others
- 3.7. Negotiating 101: Why Should I HaveYou on My Team?
- 3.8. Ladies, Dry Your Tears!
- 4. Never Fear Success
- 5. Think Like a Champion
- 6. It's All about Teamwork
- 7. Do Your Homework
- 8. Stay in Shape
- 9. Sports Talk
- 10. Game Time!
- Sports Talk—Glossary
- Title: Playbook for Success: A Hall of Famer's Business Tactics for Teamwork and Leadership
- Release date: October 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470635520