Create, manage, and maintain your database efficiently using PostgreSQL in just a week
About This Video
- Learn PostgreSQL in 7 days with 30-minutes of hands-on training followed by a 1-hour practical exercise each day.
- This course teaches you PostgreSQL and how to execute SQL queries.
- Learn about SQL and PostgreSQL in 7 Days with this easy and friendly guide.
Companies value their data; as a result, it's becoming more important for professionals to have technical knowledge of data management. PostgreSQL is by far one of the most popular and powerful SQL engines among other platforms such as MariaDB, MySQL, and SQL Server.
PostgreSQL in 7 Days will help you unravel the potential of PostgreSQL in a short time. You will learn about relational databases to present usable and accurate data in tables with rows and columns in just a week. You also cover the latest features of PostgreSQL 11.
By the end of the course, you will have an invaluable knowledge of both SQL and the PostgreSQL database engine.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/PostgreSQL-11-in-7-days
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Create and Insert Data in Your Database
- The Course Overview 00:04:40
- Understanding PostgreSQL and Its Uses 00:03:57
- Download and Install PostgreSQL Client pgAdmin 00:06:35
- Setup a Practice Database Using Referenced .tar File 00:10:33
- Create Database, Table, Insert, and Query Data – Part 1 00:06:12
- Create Database, Table, Insert, and Query Data – Part 2 00:10:28
- PostgreSQL Relationships Using What’s Called a Primary Key and Foreign Key 00:05:23
- Assignment 00:01:20
- Chapter 2 : Retrieve Data from Your PostgreSQL Database
- Chapter 3 : Count Rows in Your Table
Chapter 4 : Return Specific Data Using Special Conditional Clauses
- Assignment Review from Day 3 00:02:48
- Query Rows of Data Using the BETWEEN Operator 00:05:31
- Introduction to NOT BETWEEN 00:05:27
- Search for a Specified Pattern in a Column Using the LIKE Operator 00:09:05
- Match a Value to a List of Values with the IN Operator 00:05:50
- Assignment 00:02:34
- Chapter 5 : Use Mathematical Operations with PostgreSQL
- Chapter 6 : Combine Data from Two Tables Using Joins
- Chapter 7 : PostgreSQL Datatypes and Table Constraints
- Title: PostgreSQL 11 in 7 days
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789614374