The Relationship Laws that Drive Success
There are powerful but invisible laws that determine whether your relationships —with your clients, colleagues, and friends—will thrive or wither. These relationship laws are ever-present. When you align with them, the results are dramatic. Your network will grow rapidly. You'll be seen by clients as a trusted partner rather than an expense to be managed. And you'll find the people around you eager to help you succeed.
When you ignore the laws, however, your efforts will falter. Relationship building will seem like very hard work.
Power Relationships gives readers a unique, entertaining guide to relationship success at work and in life. Each of the 26 laws is illustrated and explained using a compelling, real-life story that shows how to implement it. The second section of the book presents 16 common relationship challenges with specific solutions. You'll read about:
The top Citigroup executive whose relationship with a CEO was changed forever on a business trip that exploded into chaos, and how you can use the same principle to deepen your own relationships.
The philanthropist who, on the verge of being mugged in a dark parking lot, learns how his actions have had an unimaginable ripple effect across several generations
How one of the authors flew halfway around the world and used Law 18—"Make them curious"—to turn a make-or-break, five-minute meeting with a top executive into a long-term relationship.
The chance encounter on an airplane with a famous actor that revealed a simple but profound truth. It's Law 25: "Build your network before you need it."
Sobel (author of Clients for Life, All for One, and Power Questions (with Panas)) and Panas (author of Asking and Supremely Successful Selling) have sold over half a million books and are the leading authorities in their field. Power Relationships is a unique, road-tested guide to relationship success.
Table of contents
- Praise for Power Relationships
- Title Page
- Download the Free Power Relationships Planning Guide
- Chapter 1: The Missing Ingredient
- Chapter 2: Be Audacious
- Chapter 3: Where Were You?
- Chapter 4: The Greatest Gift
- Chapter 5: What's the Agenda?
- Chapter 6: The Billionaire and the Minister
- Chapter 7: Beware of a Cart Pulling a Horse
- Chapter 8: Found Guilty
- Chapter 9: Never Steal a Bacon Sandwich
- Chapter 10: Oops!
- Chapter 11: Don't Forget Your Wallet
- Chapter 12: A Night in the Garbage Bin
- Chapter 13: Don't Wait
- Chapter 14: A Little Help for Your Friends
- Chapter 15: Make It So
- Chapter 16: A Puppy Tale
- Chapter 17: The Carrot and the Stick
- Chapter 18: Draw Them In
- Chapter 19: Color Me Pink
- Chapter 20: Are You Clever or Wise?
- Chapter 21: For the Sheer Joy of It
- Chapter 22: A Tale of Two Cities
- Chapter 23: To Die For
- Chapter 24: Start an Epidemic
- Chapter 25: Build It First
- Chapter 26: A Pebble in a Pond
- Applying the Laws
- About the Authors
- Title: Power Relationships: 26 Irrefutable Laws for Building Extraordinary Relationships
- Release date: January 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118585689
You might also like
Don't engineer by coincidence-design it like you mean it! Filled with practical techniques, Design It! is …
Architecture Patterns with Python
As Python continues to grow in popularity, projects are becoming larger and more complex. Many Python …
A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms
" Algorithms and data structures are much more than abstract concepts. Mastering them enables you to …
Head First Python, 2nd Edition
Want to learn the Python language without slogging your way through how-to manuals? With Head First …