4. Power Verbs for Managers and Executives
(1) abdicate; abjure; break off; cast aside; cede; cop out; desert; discard; drop; eliminate; forfeit; forgo; forsake; give over; give up; halt in progress; jettison; leave; not continue; quit; relinquish; renounce; surrender; throw over; yield; waive; walk out
(2) ease; lightheartedness; natural spontaneity; unrestraint; cast aside
(3) give in to emotion
Word Used in Sentence(s)
(1) We had to abandon plans to produce in China when the quality issues could not be resolved.
(1) “Once you start a working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.”
—Chanakya, Indian politician, strategist, and writer (350 BC–275 BC)