Chapter 6. Managing Resource Pools, Reservations, and Limits for Virtual Machines
In this chapter, you will cover the following topics:
- Setting reservations and limits for resource pools
- Balancing share allocations on resource pools
- Creating a custom attribute with a number of shares per VM on each resource pool
- Automating share allocation balancing
- Reporting shares, reservations, and limits of resource pools and virtual machines
The primary concept that vSphere is built around is taking an individual computer, network and disk resources, and combining those into a pool that can be shared by numerous virtual machines. Because of this base concept, resource pools in vSphere are an important concept to understand and administer.
In this chapter, ...