Chapter 11. Configuring network adapters
- Network adapters, configuration, and protocols
- Managing network adapters
- Configuring DHCP and static addresses
- Managing entries for DNS and WINS servers
- Displaying the IPv4 routing table
Networking is the glue that holds your infrastructure together. If the network isn’t working or configured correctly the users can’t connect to the applications and you can’t administer the systems. Your primary concern is the configuration of the network adapters in your servers. This chapter presents a number of techniques you can use to test the configuration and configure the network adapters.
The WMI networking classes, and especially their methods, discussed in this chapter ...