Solve common problems in your IT environment using PowerShell Core in a matter of minutes rather than hours
About This Video
- Conquer the 2 most common operating systems using PowerShell Core
- Cross-platform scripting for all common administrative tasks such as managing file systems and remote systems, and collecting information from the web
- A comprehensive course that sticks to an informal approach and treats you like a colleague
GUIs are nice but not after the 50th mouse click!
In this course on PowerShell Core, you'll learn how to leverage Microsoft's scripting language to automate many mundane tasks that have been taking you way too long to do.
We'll cover lots of common scenarios such as scraping web pages, managing remote systems (both Windows and Linux), managing files, and a whole lot more. In this course, each video is designed to help you with a specific task.
You'll get a wide variety of real-world solutions to real-world problems, all of which (and more) can be solved with PowerShell Core.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-PowerShell-Core-Recipes
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Installing Powershell Core
Chapter 2 : Harvesting Information from the Web
- Scraping Web Pages 00:04:33
- Parsing HTML with PowerShell Core 00:10:50
- Reading REST APIs 00:07:54
- Manipulating Data with REST APIs 00:09:45
- Querying the Wolfram Alpha API with PowerShell Core 00:05:49
- Chapter 3 : Managing Common Infrastructure Services
- Chapter 4 : Managing Remote Systems
Chapter 5 : Working with Files
- Reading and Manipulating Text Files 00:05:18
- Transferring Files 00:04:27
- Navigating the File System in Windows 00:02:59
- Navigating the File System in Linux 00:03:00
- Finding All Users with an SSH Config and Parsing it for Useful Data 00:01:30
Chapter 6 : Working with the Windows Registry
- Creating Registry Keys and Values 00:02:45
- Reading the Registry 00:03:29
- Finding and Comparing Registry Keys Across Systems 00:03:47
- Chapter 7 : Customizing the Environment
- Title: PowerShell Core Recipes
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789956788