Build tools with PowerShell that you will use every day
About This Video
- Design and build tools that you will use every day.
- Use industry standard tools like Visual Studio Code and PowerShell 5.1
- Automate basic tasks on premise as well as on Azure using Azure functions (serverless computing).
Routine tasks that you perform on a daily basis takes up all of your time that could be spent designing new solutions rather than maintaining the old ones. PowerShell is a simple and powerful toolset that allows you to automate workloads that were previously handled by large teams.
This course will show you how to build tools that will allow you to automate various aspects of your daily routines. It takes actions that you could easily delegate to the end user that will take up hours of your time daily.
By the end of the course, gain strong knowledge on how automation and tool building works, so that you can create your own solutions. Automation is the future of IT, you can’t manage large-scale environments these days without substantial automated.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/PowerShell-Toolmaking
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Setting Up Your Environment
- The Course Overview 00:01:45
- Azure Setting Up a Demo Account 00:01:50
- Creating Virtual Machines for the Course 00:02:43
- Installing VSCode 00:01:35
- Setting Up VSCode Add-ons 00:01:24
- VSCode and Some Common Features 00:03:46
- Setting Up PowerShell 00:01:49
- PowerShell Objects 00:05:46
- Arrays, Array Lists, and Hash Table 00:06:58
- Chapter 2 : Copying a File to Multiple Sources
- Chapter 3 : Build a PowerShell-Based Azure Function
- Chapter 4 : Creating a Registry Key on Remote Machines
- Chapter 5 : Automating the Inventory List of Your Servers
- Chapter 6 : Automating Database Operations
- Title: PowerShell Toolmaking
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789131055