Quick and dirty Ansible for busy people
About This Video
- Provides a no-nonsense introduction to getting started with Ansible
- Illustrates real-world practical solutions and IT automation with Ansible
- Provides guidance and usable examples for developing simple, effective Ansible playbooks to drive IT efficiency and automation
If you are looking for a simple IT automation framework that's easy to manage, grow into, extend and adapt then Ansible is for you! Ansible is an Open Source, Python-based configuration management solution that saves you time and resources when automating deployment and management of application and IT infrastructure so you can spend your time doing other things.
In this video course, we'll focus on getting things done quickly, using real-world examples and a hands-on teaching style rather than focus too much on theory and conceptual ideas once the basics are covered so you can get the job done.
Core concepts—such as setting up the inventory and playbooks, ad-hoc commands and quick and dirty heavy lifting will get you up and running quickly. We'll then dive into proper playbook organization and using handlers, variables, conditionals and logic for maximizing the efficiency of your automation workflow. We'll also dive into handling growth and multi-role playbooks and stack orchestration.
As we move onward to victory we will dive into systems lifecycle management so you can handle users, software and packages, authentication, services and application/web content with ease as well as touch on Ansible Tower/AWX. We'll end the journey with consuming and using Ansible Galaxy so you can borrow, share and collaborate with the vibrant Ansible Open Source community and the plethora of community roles and playbooks available on the internet.
At the end of this course, you will attain a deeper understanding of Ansible usage and design and be empowered to create your own playbooks, properly growing and scaling them to adapt to the ever-changing needs of your IT landscape.
IT systems administrators, developers, and technical staff interested in automating common tasks and objectives with Ansible will benefit most from this curriculum. Some novice computing experience and exposure to IT and systems administration concepts are recommended.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Ansible Up and Running: One-Off Tasks
- Chapter 2 : Ansible Up and Running: Real-World Examples
- Chapter 3 : Organizing Your Playbooks
- Chapter 4 : Handlers, Variables, Conditionals, and Logic
- Chapter 5 : Systems Lifecycle Management
- Chapter 6 : Going Forward, Extending Ansible Usage
- Title: Practical Ansible Solutions
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788476904
You might also like
Developing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform LiveLessons
4+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview Cloud computing has revolutionized the IT industry over the past …
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Complete Video Course
7 Hours of Video Instruction Seven hours of video instruction covering the fundamentals of cloud computing; …
Ansible Fundamentals LiveLessons
4 Hours of Video Instruction 4 hours of video to get you started using Ansible, focusing …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …