End to end solutions for IoT enthusiasts and web developers
About This Book
- Develop a health monitoring device along with some cool projects like Smart Agriculture & Raspberry Pi 3 based surveillance.
- A practical book which will help you build Mobile/Web/Desktop apps that will show how to manage and monitor data from sensors and actuators in real time.
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Integrate sensors and actuators with the cloud and control them for your Smart Weather Station.
- Develop your very own Amazon Alexa integrating with your IoT solution
- Define custom rules and execute jobs on certain data events using IFTTT
- Build a simple surveillance solutions using Amazon Recognition & Raspberry Pi 3
- Design a fall detection system and build a notification system for it.
- Use Amazon Rekognition for face detection and face recognition in your Surveillance project
In this world of technology upgrades, IoT is currently leading with its promise to make the world a more smarter and efficient place.
At the end of the book, you will not only be able to build standalone exciting IoT applications but also learn how you can extend your projects to another level.
Style and Approach
This book will follow a project based approach where each chapter will teach the readers to build a standalone project. It will not only guide you to build exciting projects but will also teach you to extend your project to another level.
Table of contents
- The World of IoT
IoTFW.js - I
- Designing a reference architecture
Building the reference architecture
- Installing Node.js on the server
- Installing nodemon
- MQTTS broker - Mosca
- API engine - Node.js and Express
- Communication between broker and API engine
- Raspberry Pi software
- Communication between the broker and the Raspberry Pi
- Communication between the Raspberry Pi, the broker and the API engine
- Web app
IoTFW.js - II
- Updating the API engine
- Integrating web app and API engine
- Testing an end-to-end flow using DHT11 and LED
- Building the desktop app and implementing an end-to-end flow
- Building the mobile app and implementing an end-to-end flow
- Smart Agriculture
Smart Agriculture and Voice AI
- Voice AI
- Building a smart socket
- Developing Alexa skill
- Smart Wearable
- Smart Wearable and IFTTT
- Raspberry Pi Image Streaming
- Smart Surveillance
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788292948
You might also like
Applied Probabilistic Calculus for Financial Engineering
Illustrates how R may be used successfully to solve problems in quantitative finance Applied Probabilistic Calculus …
Expert C Programming
This book is for the knowledgeable C programmer, this is a second book that gives the …
Angular for Enterprise-Ready Web Applications - Second Edition
Revised and updated second edition of the bestselling hands-on guide to building enterprise-ready web apps using …
Designing Internet of Things Solutions with Microsoft Azure : A Survey of Secure and Smart Industrial Applications
Build a strong and efficient IoT solution at industrial and enterprise level by mastering industrial IoT …