Setting up Jenkins and running build jobs is not enough for a production infrastructure. For optimal performance and results, architecting, designing, and implementing a production-grade Jenkins deployment is essential.
This course gets you up and running with Jenkins and enables you to deliver an optimal Jenkins deployment. On your journey, you will explore and configure features such as high availability, security, monitoring, and backing up/restoring data, which are basically all of the things you need to implementing a scalable and production grade infrastructure. You will also learn how to implement distributed builds, automate build pipelines, and integrate your Jenkins deployment with external services, thus showing you how to increase your team's productivity with pipeline as a code building advanced pipelines faster and easier.
By the end of this video course, you will be able to automate, implement, secure, and manage your Jenkins deployment in no time.
This course uses Jenkins 2.89.3, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Jenkins.
What You Will Learn
- Implement and manage your optimal Jenkins deployment
- Configure Jenkins along with essential dependencies with the use of manual and automated methods
- Use the Jenkins API to automate Jenkins-related functions
- Explore and configure distributed build workflows along with continuous deployment procedures
- Explore the use of containers to make builds and pipelines more dynamic
- Configure build pipelines using the declarative pipeline syntax along with multi-branch pipelines
- Integrate Jenkins with external services for builds, notifications, authentications, issues, and continuous delivery
If you are a novice or intermediate-level Jenkins user and have used Jenkins before but are not familiar with architecting solutions and implementing them in your organization, then this is the course for you. A basic understanding of the core elements of Jenkins is required to make the best use of this tutorial.
About The Author
Anirban Saha: Anirban Saha is an infrastructure professional with more than six and half years of experience in infrastructure management at various industries and organizations ranging from early startups to corporate environments. He was worked extensively with configuration management and automation tools including Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, Terraform to name a few. He has extensive experience in architecting, deployment and management of large infrastructures. He speaks at various conferences on latest technologies and is also the author of Salt Cookbook published by Packt.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Installation and Configuration of Jenkins and Related Components
- The Course Overview
- Understanding Jenkins and Related Terminologies
- Digging into Continuous Integration, Deployment, and Delivery
- Setting Up Git, Code Repositories, and Dependencies for Jenkins
- Installation of Jenkins from Packages and WAR Files
- Configuring Reverse Proxy and Setting Up User Interface for Jenkins
- Automating the Jenkins Installation and Configuration Process
- Creating Build Jobs from User Interface and Scripts
- Chapter 2 : High-availability, Monitoring, and Management of Jenkins Deployments
- Chapter 3 : Implementing Distributed Build Architectures and Code Deployments
- Chapter 4 : Understanding and Implementing Build Pipelines
- Chapter 5 : Integrating Jenkins with External Services
- Title: Practical Jenkins
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788398749
You might also like
SSL Complete Guide 2021: HTTP to HTTPS
This course is all about securing websites with SSL/TLS certificates. We start by exploring the basics …
React - The Complete Guide (Includes Hooks, React Router, and Redux) - Second Edition
**This course is now updated for the latest version of React—React 18** React.js is the most …
The Complete Practical Docker Guide
Docker is a software framework for building, running, and managing containers on servers and the cloud. …
Elasticsearch 8 and the Elastic Stack: In-Depth and Hands-On
Elasticsearch 8 is a powerful tool for analyzing big datasets in a matter of milliseconds! It’s …