Automate your Jenkins deployment in no time!
About This Video
- Implement a scalable, stable, and robust production grade infrastructure
- Combine multiple services to create optimal code delivery workflows and pipelines
- Master pain-points in building complex pipelines with pipeline as code
Setting up Jenkins and running build jobs is not enough for a production infrastructure. For optimal performance and results, architecting, designing, and implementing a production-grade Jenkins deployment is essential.
This course gets you up and running with Jenkins and enables you to deliver an optimal Jenkins deployment. On your journey, you will explore and configure features such as high availability, security, monitoring, and backing up/restoring data, which are basically all of the things you need to implementing a scalable and production grade infrastructure. You will also learn how to implement distributed builds, automate build pipelines, and integrate your Jenkins deployment with external services, thus showing you how to increase your team's productivity with pipeline as a code building advanced pipelines faster and easier.
By the end of this video course, you will be able to automate, implement, secure, and manage your Jenkins deployment in no time.
This course uses Jenkins 2.89.3, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Jenkins.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Installation and Configuration of Jenkins and Related Components
- The Course Overview 00:06:35
- Understanding Jenkins and Related Terminologies 00:04:51
- Digging into Continuous Integration, Deployment, and Delivery 00:03:37
- Setting Up Git, Code Repositories, and Dependencies for Jenkins 00:07:51
- Installation of Jenkins from Packages and WAR Files 00:08:26
- Configuring Reverse Proxy and Setting Up User Interface for Jenkins 00:06:46
- Automating the Jenkins Installation and Configuration Process 00:10:49
- Creating Build Jobs from User Interface and Scripts 00:06:38
- Chapter 2 : High-availability, Monitoring, and Management of Jenkins Deployments
Chapter 3 : Implementing Distributed Build Architectures and Code Deployments
- Understanding Slaves, Agent Launch Methods, and Labels in Jenkins 00:07:54
- Setting Up Jenkins Slaves to Run Build Jobs 00:05:45
- Using Amazon EC2 Instances as Jenkins Slaves 00:06:49
- Using Docker Containers as Jenkins Slaves 00:04:39
- Running Containers as Jenkins Slaves on Kubernetes 00:06:25
- Deploying Code from Jenkins Using AWS CodeDeploy 00:10:54
Chapter 4 : Understanding and Implementing Build Pipelines
- Understanding Workflow of Jobs and Pipelines 00:04:57
- Exploring the Jenkinsfile and Declarative Pipeline Syntax 00:04:52
- Creating and Automating Build Pipelines 00:07:31
- Understanding and Implementing Multi-branch Pipelines 00:04:59
- Exploring Blue Ocean for Optimizing Pipeline User Experience 00:06:10
- Chapter 5 : Integrating Jenkins with External Services
- Title: Practical Jenkins
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788398749