Create and administer a secured Linux system in your work environment
About This Video
- Enhance file system security and user authentication by using various security tools
- Code-intensive and detailed solutions that help you understand better and learn faster.
- More than 50 hands-on solutions to create and administer a secure Linux system locally and on a network
With the growing popularity of Linux, more and more administrators have started moving to this operating system to create networks or servers for any task. Due to the lack of information about security-related attacks, administrators now face issues in dealing with these attackers as quickly as possible. Learning about the different types of Linux security will help you create a more secure Linux system.
This course will help you understand the various vulnerabilities faced by the system and help you to overcome them. Whether you are new to Linux administration or experienced, it provides you with the skills to work with various security tools, thereby making your systems more secure.
By the end of the course, you will have mastered the art of preventing your Linux system from getting compromised.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Linux Security Problems
- Chapter 2 : Local Filesystem Security
- Chapter 3 : Local Authentication in Linux
- Chapter 4 : Remote Authentication
- Chapter 5 : Network Security
- Chapter 6 : Security Tools and Security Distros
- Chapter 7 : Patching a Bash Vulnerability
- Chapter 8 : Security Monitoring and Logging
- Title: Practical Linux Security Solutions
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789619713