Using the API Gateway itself has its own pros and cons. In the previous section, we have described the advantages of using the API Gateway already. I will still try to list them in points as the pros of the API Gateway.
- Microservices can focus on business logic
- Clients can get all the data in a single hit
- Authentication, logging, and monitoring can be handled by the API Gateway
- It gives flexibility to use completely independent protocols in which clients and microservice can talk
- It can give tailor-made results, as per the clients needs
- It can handle partial failure
In addition to the preceding mentioned pros, some of the trade-offs are also to use this pattern.
- It can cause performance degradation ...