Chapter 1: Time Series Data
1.1 Time Series Questions
An observed time series is a set of values that are recorded for specific points in time. This book includes many practical series that illustrate the rich variety of areas for which time series analysis is relevant. The following time series are used as examples:
• Ice coverage in the Arctic areas - Daily observations
• The Swiss business indicator - Monthly observations
• Unemployment in UK - Monthly observations
• Danish fertility - Yearly observations
• Number for overnight stays ...