Video DescriptionRecorded live at Data Modeling Zone!
Success in data modeling requires skills in communications, gaining sponsorship and buy-in, negotiation, understanding needs, and leadership. Yet many data modeling classes do not focus on these essential aspects of effective data modeling.
This interactive, informative and fun class focuses on the human elements of data modeling. Len Silverston, best-selling data modeling author, leads this seminar and provides tools, techniques, principles, interactive exercises and case studies that illustrate the importance of the human side to data modeling.
This seminar will address the behavioral side of data modeling in many different contexts such as data modeling for big data, dimensional modeling, traditional data modeling and more.
Participants of this seminar will learn about:
- Inevitable human scenarios that data modelers are bound to face and how to address them
- Personal, political and cultural factors that are critical to successful data modeling
- Practical tools, techniques, and principles to enable successful data modeling such as keys in gaining and sustaining funding, realizing a common vision, how to get to common semantics, developing trust, communications, involvement, leadership, and managing conflict
- Stories of how using these principles were the key to success for some organizations and how other organizations had huge challenges stemming from human behavioral issues
- Title: Practical Tools for the Human Side of Data Modeling
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634622912