In alignment with other PMI practice standards, the Practice Standard for Project Estimating provides information on the activity of project estimating. In particular, this practice standard focuses on managing the estimating process.
The audience for this practice standard includes, but is not limited to:
- Project/program/portfolio managers,
- Project team members,
- Functional managers/operational managers,
- Members of a project/program management office,
- Project sponsors and stakeholders,
- Educators and trainers of project management,
- Senior management,
- Decision makers responsible for approving the estimate, and
- Individuals interested in project management.
This chapter provides an overview of this practice ...