This step-by-step guide:
A guide to effective project management
- Explains the principles of PRINCE2 in straightforward, manageable chunks;
- Emphasises how to apply PRINCE2 in practice, using real-life examples;
- Is written by an experienced PRINCE2 practitioner and trainer, so you can be sure that the information is based upon approaches that work;
- Gives clear explanations and practical illustrations in each section;
- Explains how to effectively apply PRINCE2’s principles, themes and processes to your projects and other real-world scenarios; and
- Has been updated for PRINCE2 2017.
This book will guide you through each step of your project, clearly defining the underlying principles that should be applied to every project, regardless of what is going on inside or outside the project environment. They are sound, proven rules, which can be used as markers on the way to project success.
PRINCE2 is principle-based rather than prescriptive. The principles are:
- Universal in that they apply to every project;
- Self-validating in that they have been proven in practice over many years; and
- Empowering because they give practitioners greater confidence and the ability to influence and shape how a project will be managed.