Quickly ramp up your practical knowledge of Apache JMeter for software performance testing and focus on actual business problems. This step-by-step guide covers what you will need to know to write and execute test scripts, and verify the results.
Pro Apache JMeter covers almost every aspect of Apache JMeter in detail and includes helpful screenshots and a case study. A performance primer chapter provides a high-level summary of terms used in performance testing on a day-to-day basis that also is useful for non-technical readers.
A sample web application Digital Toys has been developed and test scripts are provided for you to try while progressing through the chapters.
What You'll Learn
- Create and execute an Apache JMeter test plan
- Interpret the results of your test plan
- Understand distributed testing using Apache JMeter
- Use Apache JMeter advanced features such as JDBC, REST, FTP, AJAX, SOAP, and mobile performance testing
- Read a sample case study covering end-to-end planning and execution of a performance testing project
- Generate and analyze a performance dashboard
Who This Book Is For
Software performance testing professionals, quality assurance professionals, architects, engineers, project managers, product managers
Table of contents
- 1. Foundation
- 2. Performance Testing Primer
- 3. Your First JMeter Test
- 4. JMeter Test Script Recorder
- 5. JMeter Test Plan Components
- 6. Distributed Testing
- 7. JMeter Best Practices
- 8. Troubleshooting JMeter
- 9. JMeter Plugins
- 10. JMeter Recipes
- 11. Case Study: Digital Toys Inc.
- 12. Performance Dashboard
- 13. Appendix A: Setting Up JMeter
- 14. Appendix B: Setting Up Digital Toys Inc.
- Title: Pro Apache JMeter: Web Application Performance Testing
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484229613
You might also like
Java Coding Problems
Develop your coding skills by exploring Java concepts and techniques such as Strings, Objects and Types, …
Building Event-Driven Microservices
Organizations today often struggle to balance business requirements with ever-increasing volumes of data. Additionally, the demand …
Performance Testing with JMeter 3 - Third Edition
A practical guide to help you undertand the ability of Apache jMeter to load and performance …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …