Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is a practical guide to SharePoint 2010 for intermediate to advanced SharePoint administrators and power users, covering the out-of-the-box feature set and capabilities of Microsoft's collaboration and business productivity platform.
SharePoint 2010 is an incredibly complex product, with many moving parts, new features, best practices, and "gotchas." Author Rob Garrett distills SharePoint's portfolio of features, capabilities, and utilities into an in-depth professional guide—with no fluff and copious advice—that is designed from scratch to be the manual Microsoft never wrote.
Starting with a detailed deployment and initial configuration walkthrough, the book covers all major feature areas, including document management, social computing, metadata management, and administration. You'll also learn about planning for capacity, backup administration and disaster recovery, business intelligence, monitoring, and more. Unlike other books, Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration covers all elements of the product, but has a specific emphasis on features new and enhanced in the 2010 release.
Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is the only book you'll need as you set out to deploy and administer SharePoint 2010.
Table of Contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1: SharePoint 2010 Overview
CHAPTER 2: Installing and Configuring SharePoint 2010
- Infrastructure Requirements
- SharePoint 2010 Prerequisites
- Choosing the Installation Type
- SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard
- Managed Accounts
- Continuing with the Configuration Wizard
- Configuring Your SharePoint Farm
- Upgrading from Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 (MOSS)
- Visual Upgrade
- Welcome to the Central Administration Web Site
- CHAPTER 3: Security and Policy
- CHAPTER 4: People and Profiles
- CHAPTER 5: Social Networking
- CHAPTER 6: Site Content and Metadata
- CHAPTER 7: Documents and Records Management
- CHAPTER 8: Business Intelligence
- CHAPTER 9: Microsoft Office Integration
- CHAPTER 10: Health, Monitoring, and Disaster Recovery
- Title: Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration
- Release date: November 2011
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430237921