Building the UI with XAML
This chapter explains the basic syntax used to describe Windows Phone 8 user interfaces and then describes the key techniques used to construct responsive phone applications including:
- How to use resources and styles to control the look-and-feel of the application in an organized, scalable way.
- How templates are used to build new layouts on top of existing controls.
- How data is bound to elements of the page.
- How data binding allows changes in the data to be reflected automatically in the user interface and how changes made by the user are returned automatically to the data source.
- How the MVVM pattern helps ...