The Bayesian network is one of the most important architectures for representing and reasoning with multivariate probability distributions. When used in conjunction with specialized informatics, possibilities of real-world applications are achieved. Probabilistic Methods for BioInformatics explains the application of probability and statistics, in particular Bayesian networks, to genetics. This book provides background material on probability, statistics, and genetics, and then moves on to discuss Bayesian networks and applications to bioinformatics.
Rather than getting bogged down in proofs and algorithms, probabilistic methods used for biological information and Bayesian networks are explained in an accessible way using applications and case studies. The many useful applications of Bayesian networks that have been developed in the past 10 years are discussed. Forming a review of all the significant work in the field that will arguably become the most prevalent method in biological data analysis.
- Unique coverage of probabilistic reasoning methods applied to bioinformatics data--those methods that are likely to become the standard analysis tools for bioinformatics.
- Shares insights about when and why probabilistic methods can and cannot be used effectively;
- Complete review of Bayesian networks and probabilistic methods with a practical approach.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About the Author
- Table of Contents
- I: Background
- II: Bayesian Networks
- III: Bioinformatics Applications
- Instructions for online access
- Title: Probabilistic Methods for Bioinformatics
- Release date: June 2009
- Publisher(s): Morgan Kaufmann
- ISBN: 9780080919362
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Strategies in Biomedical Data Science
An essential guide to healthcare data problems, sources, and solutions Strategies in Biomedical Data Science provides …
Introduction to Probability
Developed from celebrated Harvard statistics lectures, Introduction to Probability provides essential language and tools for understanding …