Surrogate Court dockets are filled with cases involving family members fighting over the assets and intentions of a deceased parent or spouse. Probate Wars of the Rich & Famous: An Insider's Guide to Estate Planning and Probate Litigation tracks the estate litigation cases of Anna Nicole Smith, Brooke Astor, Michael Jackson, Nina Wang, Jerry Garcia and Leona Helmsley and identifies the five universal factors that caused such disputes. Each chapter provides estate planning insights designed to help individuals plan their estates without causing litigation. If, however, probate litigation cannot be avoided, the book also provides invaluable lessons about undue influence claims, how to remove a fiduciary, demanding an estate accounting and claims seeking to set aside lifetime transfers that undermined the decedents intentions. Few - if any – estate planning books utilize colorful celebrity accounts to provide meaningful insights and actionable advice.
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Legacy of a Lifetime
- Chapter 2: Stripping and Being Stripped
Chapter 3: The Astor Disaster: A Legacy of Influence and Undue Influence
- Legacy Lesson #8: Monitor the Health and the Wealth of a Loved One Who Is III and Vulnerable
- Legacy Lesson #9: Anatomy of a Contested Estate
- Legacy Lesson #10: Influence or Undue Influence?
- Legacy Lesson #11: By Gift or by Theft?
- Legacy Lesson #12: Time in a Bottle—Good Days and Bad Days
- Legacy Lesson #13: Protecting against Fraud
- Chapter 4: The Benevolent Queen of Mean
- Chapter 5: A Sweet and Sour Legacy
- Chapter 6: Is This It?
- Chapter 7: Lessons from the Dead
- Chapter 8: At the End of the Day
- Appendix A: Fact Sheet for Last Will and Testament
- Appendix B: Probate Litigation Fact Sheet
- Title: Probate Wars of the Rich and Famous: An Insider's Guide to Estate Planning and Probate Litigation
- Release date: September 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470585931
You might also like
Managing Fraud Risk: A Practical Guide for Directors and Managers
A strategic, practical, cost-effective approach to fraud prevention In troubled economic times, the risk of fraud …
The Money Formula
Explore the deadly elegance of finance's hidden powerhouse The Money Formula takes you inside the engine …
The Essential Executor's Handbook
When he was 24 years old, Mark Aardsma was fired in a downsizing. He had little …
Security, Privacy, and Digital Forensics in the Cloud
In a unique and systematic way, this book discusses the security and privacy aspects of the …