Chapter 7. Neutron Networking Service
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Configuring Neutron VLAN provider network with ML2 and LinuxBridge
- Configuring Neutron VXLAN and GRE tenant networks using Open vSwitch
- Configuring the L3 agent with Open vSwitch
- Configuring the DHCP service agent
- Configuring LoadBalancer as a Service
- Configuring Firewall as a Service
Neutron is a software-defined networking service for OpenStack. OpenStack is responsible for managing virtual machine instances, and Neutron networking service is responsible for the network connectivity between virtual machine instances, tenants, and connectivity to external public networks allowing access to OpenStack virtual machine instances.
To provide the basic network ...