Implement configuration management, monitoring, and security in DevOps
About This Video
- Deep dive into DevOps tools and technology best suited to your organizational needs
- Understand how to apply security best practices in Docker containers and see use cases of implementing DevOps
- Learn the importance of Docker-based deployment in organizations
DevOps is the most widely used software engineering culture and practice that aims at software development and operation. It helps an organization deploy software more frequently, while maintaining service stability and gaining the speed necessary for more innovation.
There are plenty of tools and technology frameworks related to DevOps available on the market, but identifying the most suitable one according to your organizational needs is a real challenge. Implementing configuration management, monitoring tools, information security, and compliance are the most critical parts for any organization.
This course helps you implement a complete DevOps cycle in your existing IT environment. Each section of this course will help you implement the DevOps culture in your professional environment. With the help of source control, continuous build, continuous integration, automated test with quality controls, and container technologies, this course will be your perfect guide to learn and apply DevOps in your organization.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to identify and choose the appropriate tools and technology framework to implement DevOps in your organization.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Professional-DevOps
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to DevOps and its LifeCycle
- Chapter 2 : Explore Git, Vagrant, and Docker
Chapter 3 : Configuration Management and Clustering in DevOps
- Configuration Management Tools with Chef, Puppet, and Ansible 00:05:43
- Ansible – Provisioning, Configuration Management, and Application Deployment Tool 00:14:11
- Jenkins – Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery 00:06:34
- Configuring Jenkins with Git 00:06:09
- Kubernetes – Managing Containerized Workloads and Services 00:07:28
Chapter 4 : Monitoring Solution in DevOps
- DevOps Monitoring Solutions Using Monit and Nagios 00:08:04
- Set Up and Configure Nagios 00:09:33
- Infrastructure Monitoring Using Nagios 00:08:56
- Chapter 5 : DevOps Best Practices and Security
- Title: Professional DevOps
- Release date: September 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788473118