The fast, fun, and complete video guide to becoming more professional -- and more successful!
We’ve all been students, but nowhere in our formal education were we taught how to work with others or make successful connections… skills which are absolutely critical to our professional success. Jeff Havens’s Professional Excellence fills that gap,bringing together crucial knowledge anyone can use to excel. If you want to be the best you can beor help your employees do the same -this complete video course is exactly what you need. One of North America’s leading presenters on business success, Havens brings fun to the learning process, so his audiences enjoy every minuteand never forget his crucial takeaways. In 35 minutes of powerfully compelling video, Havens shows how to behave appropriately at work… be more positive, avoid inappropriate conversations, and use nonverbal communication more effectively… use technologies like the Internet, email, and speakerphones appropriately… make business contacts, meet groups of people, and network more successfully. There’s never been a faster, better route to outstanding performance: just watch!
About the Instructor
A former teacher and stand-up comedian, Jeff Havens has become one of North America’s most popular business presenters. His extraordinary ability to deliver high-quality education in an entertaining way has earned him dozens of repeat clients, all of whom appreciate his insistence that education is the only way that we improve at anything, and that we’ll all improve better and faster if we enjoy the learning process. By combining traditional presentation content with the entertainment value of a comedy show, Havens has found enthusiastic audiences in government, academia, small businesses, and the Fortune® 50, all while still being one of the youngest members of the professional speaking circuit. A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Vanderbilt University, he lives in Michigan with his wife, Laura, and their dog, Pancake. He is author of Us vs. Them: Redefining the Multi-Generational Workplace to Inspire Your Employees to Love Your Company, Drive Innovation, and Embrace Change. For more information, visit www.jeffhavens.com.
What You Will Learn
- How to identify appropriate and inappropriate workplace practices and behaviors
- What topics to avoid in conversations at work
- How to be more positive and use nonverbal communication more effectively
- How to develop successful working habits for maximum productivity
- How to use the Internet, email, and speakerphones appropriately
- How to create more opportunities for business and career advancement through successful networking
- How to meet groups of people without becoming intimidated
Who Should Take This Course
- For everyone starting out in any workplace
- For people who want or need to improve their professionalism and performance
- For every HR professional, senior leader, coach, trainer, or mentor who wants to help employees succeed
- No experience required
Table of Contents
Discover how these videos will help you become more professional, and how you can use them most effectively.
Part 1: Office Etiquette and Behavior
Learn how to avoid unprofessional behaviors such as discussing controversial topics, shouting, negativity, and gossip.
Part 2: Proper Use of Technology
Learn how to use the Internet, email, speakerphones, and smartphones appropriatelyand how not to use technology at work.
Part 3: Successful Networking Techniques
Learn how to network effectively for professional advancement: introduce yourself to new people, shake hands, meet groups, exchange business cards, and follow up afterwards.
Review your powerful new skills for achieving professional excellence.
Table of contents
Professional Excellence Video Series
- Episode 1: What (Not) To Talk About at Work! 00:02:43
- Episode 2: Shouting, Rampant Negativity, and Other Terrible Ideas! 00:03:54
- Episode 3: Gossip: For People Who Don't Want Friends 00:02:38
- Episode 4: Meetings Aren't Actually for Texting. Sorry! 00:06:01
- Episode 5: How to Use the Internet for Good and Not Evil 00:01:41
- Episode 6: How to Use Email So That People Don't Want to Hurt You 00:04:07
- Episode 7: The Speakerphone: Why Talk When Shouting Will Do! 00:01:24
- Episode 8: Various Ways to Succeed (and Fail) at Introductions 00:05:12
- Episode 9: How to Shake Someone's Hand 00:02:43
- Episode 10: Meeting Groups of People 00:01:28
- Episode 11: Exchanging Business Cards, Following Up, and Networking Events 00:03:11
- Title: Professional Excellence Video Series
- Release date: December 2015
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0134464745
You might also like
Think on Your Feet: Tips and Tricks to Improve Your Impromptu Communication Skills on the Job (Audio Book)
An engaging guide to developing the mental agility to make you a bolder, better, more confident …
Power of Communication (Video), The: The Nine Principles of Effective Leadership Communication
This is a companion video to The Power of Communication: Skills to Build Trust, Inspire Loyalty, …
Work Without Stress: Building a Resilient Mindset for Lasting Success (Audio Book)
A critical professional and leadership skill, resilience can be learned and developed. Based on 30 years …
What to Say When Things Get Tough: Business Communication Strategies for Winning People Over When They're Angry, Worried and Suspicious of Everything You Say (Audio Book)
BREAK THROUGH ANYONE'S ANGER AND WIN THEIR TRUST IN CRISES LARGE AND SMALL Leonard S. Greenberger …