O'Reilly logo

Professional Excellence: What You Need to Know to Develop Skills for Success, Work with Others, and Network Successfully by Jeff Havens

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

Episode 5. How to Use the Internet for Good and Not Evil

The Internet is not a toy. Except that it mostly is. I mean, ostensibly the Internet is a tool to allow people to share valuable information across remote distances at the speed of light. And that’s still what approximately 3% of the Internet is used for. I’m sure you’ve accidentally wandered into that 3% of the Internet when you clicked on the wrong link. But the other 97% of the Internet, and the reason the Internet is so popular, is entirely useless.

All you really need to do is use the useful parts at work and the ‘huge yet often hilarious waste of time’ parts at home.

That’s....um....that’s pretty much it. Man, these summaries are getting pretty short.

Learning Objectives:

Develop ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required