The course begins by giving you an overview of Platform as a service (PaaS) and Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS). You'll also learn about Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and its integration with the Eclipse IDE. You'll see how to configure the application code for automated compilation and run a unit test.
As you progress through the chapters, you'll explore continuous development with Microsoft Azure Web Apps by creating different environments for deploying web applications. You'll also understand the difference between Azure Web Apps and Azure App Service Environments. Next, you'll gain insights into end-to-end automation for deploying an application in PaaS.
By the end of this course, you will have gained the confidence to apply your skills to real-life business scenarios.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the features of PaaS and aPaaS in DevOps
- Use Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) to manage code versions
- Understand and configure continuous integration in VSTS
- Build different environments for continuously deploying an application
- Execute an end-to-end automation process
- Test an application’s performance using JMeter
- Create and configure Traffic Manager with endpoints
- Understand disaster recovery and high availability in Azure Web Apps
Professional Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineering is an ideal course for developers, technical leads, testers, and operational professionals, who want to jump-start Microsoft Azure PaaS offerings, such as App Services and SQL Database, to host applications.
About The Author
Sahil Malik: Sahil Malik is a trainer, Microsoft and iOS consultant, and the founder of Winsmarts.com. Sahil Malik, the founder, and principal of Winsmarts.com has been a Microsoft MVP for the past 10+ years, and an author and reviewer of many books and numerous articles in leading technology journals.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Visual Studio Team Services Fundamentals
- Chapter 2 : Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Chapter 3 : Agile with Visual Studio Team Services
- Chapter 4 : Continuous Integration with VSTS
- Chapter 5 : Continuous Deployment with VSTS
- Chapter 6 : Continuous Monitoring with VSTS
- Title: Professional Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineering
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789800845
You might also like
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
If you feel like your brain is "glitching," or working against you, know that you're not …
Generative Deep Learning, 2nd Edition
Generative AI is the hottest topic in tech. This practical book teaches machine learning engineers and …
Learn Flutter and Dart to Build iOS and Android Apps (2023)
What makes Flutter the best framework to build mobile apps? With Flutter, you can build mobile …