From the planning details to the steps to the considerations, understand how to design the perfect SharePoint implementation by applying the information in Professional SharePoint 2007 Design. Begin with an overview of a installation and move through the technical aspects of creating usable, accessible, aesthetically pleasing SharePoint interfaces, with a primary focus on using SharePoint's basic design tools to create a better looking and more effective installation. Understand how to use PhotoShop to design the graphics and template model for your site and learn how to integrate SharePoint themes.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Editors
- Chapter 1: Why Design?
- Chapter 2: Web Design 101
- Chapter 3: General Concept Design
Chapter 4: Communicating or Collaborating?
- What Is a Communication/Publishing Site?
- When to Use a Communication Site
- Effectively Using a Communication/Publishing Site
- Publishing Site Templates
- Communication/Publishing Site Best Practices
- What Is a Collaboration/Team Site?
- When to Use a Collaboration Site
- Effectively Using a Collaboration Site?
- Collaboration Site Templates
- Collaboration/Team Site Best Practices
- Chapter 5: Introduction to SharePoint Designer
- Chapter 6: Themes
- Chapter 7: Cascading Style Sheets with MOSS 2007
- Chapter 8: Master Pages
- Chapter 9: Page Layouts
- Chapter 10: Working with Out-of-the-Box Web Parts
- Chapter 11: Navigation
- Chapter 12: Customizing Search
- Chapter 13: Accessibility in SharePoint
Chapter 14: Wrapping It All Up
- Checkpoint 1: Basic Web Design
- Checkpoint 2: Accessibility
- Checkpoint 3: The Design
- Checkpoint 4: Creating the Mockup
- Checkpoint 5: Creating the Master Page
- Checkpoint 6: Using a Theme
- Checkpoint 7: Considering Page Layouts
- Checkpoint 8: Intuitive Navigation
- Checkpoint 9: Content Considerations
- Checkpoint 10: Checks and Validation
- Appendix A: Introduction to Deploying SharePoint Designs
- Title: Professional Microsoft® SharePoint® 2007 Design
- Release date: September 2008
- Publisher(s): Wrox
- ISBN: 9780470285800