In this chapter, we have looked at:
- What add-on products are, and how they relate to the Plone core
- Where to find add-on products
- Some tips for evaluating the viability of add-on products
- Some caveats around the use of add-on products, and how to stay safe when evaluating a new product for the first time
- Installing products automatically, using our buildout and site policy product
- How extending add-on products is no different than extending Plone itself
In the next chapter, we will begin to build the visual look-and-feel of the Optilux site.